Being in the audience for this show was by far the greatest experience I have had in a while. Transformative. Fela is a legend....a man after my own heart in so many ways.
Nobody Beats The Biz - Biz Markie What should I be doing right now? Helping Big Shug with his homework and getting my ass on that treadmill! What am I doing instead? Giving him yet another lesson in "real hip-hop" and wopping so hard I think I pulled a neck muscle! Do we even have muscles in our neck! P.S....here is a little Grand Puba for good measure! LOOOOOOOVE IT! I Like It - Grand Puba
Much to my surprise, it seems that the good people at my job actually respect me. Hell, I would even go so far as to say that some of them even like me. I find this amazing considering that I am- on the outside- so foreign to so many of them. The way I look, the way I dress, the food I eat, the way I speak (you know I speak "so well" according to them). The other day I showed up to my office full of school administrators and highly conservative folk rockin ' my latest hairdo- a curly quasi Mohawk . (Only the women at work are usually brave enough to outwardly inquire about my the mechanisms of my myriad hairdo's.) At work, I am pretty low key. In fact, I make it a point to try to kind of keep to myself. I don't get involved in office politics, water cooler gossip and stay as far away from the teacher's lounges as possible. I just come in, do what I have to do, and bounce. Perhaps that is part of my allure ....my draw if you will. I tell as little of my own sto...
Wow! What can I say! Big shug and I were up all night watching the numbers. Of course any time he gets to stay up past his bedtime is reason enough to celebrate for him! I still don't think the reality has settled in for me....the significance of it all. My cell was blowing up all day with texts and messages and calls and just stuff. I think one part of me is just feels like dancing in the street, kinda like dude they showed on t.v. last night who was doing his version of the "chicken noodle soup" dance (see below) upon hearing the news of Obama's victory. Despite the challenges that this man faces, I just want to take the next few days to revel in the gloriousness of it all....wow, I am even at a loss for words on this one......Yes We Can!
Comments