Much to my surprise, it seems that the good people at my job actually respect me. Hell, I would even go so far as to say that some of them even like me. I find this amazing considering that I am- on the outside- so foreign to so many of them. The way I look, the way I dress, the food I eat, the way I speak (you know I speak "so well" according to them). The other day I showed up to my office full of school administrators and highly conservative folk rockin ' my latest hairdo- a curly quasi Mohawk . (Only the women at work are usually brave enough to outwardly inquire about my the mechanisms of my myriad hairdo's.) At work, I am pretty low key. In fact, I make it a point to try to kind of keep to myself. I don't get involved in office politics, water cooler gossip and stay as far away from the teacher's lounges as possible. I just come in, do what I have to do, and bounce. Perhaps that is part of my allure ....my draw if you will. I tell as little of my own sto...
Comments